Thursday, December 16, 2010

5. Your own argument and opinions. Did you agree or disagree with the rulings. Provide some authority for your argument such as quotes from the book.


            In this lat post I’m suppose to give my opinion on topic of the intellectual property.  The last eleven weeks of this class we have gone over so much and covered a lot of material. Everything from the different types of patents, to copyrights, and trademarks. Also this class has taught me a lot and the precautions I need to protect my photographic work or intellectual property.  I would also have to agree with the findings of my answers to my questions from the attorney I contacted.  But I agree also with the laws that are out there to protect our rights. Such as the Patent Cooperation Treaty which is,”…international agreement establishes streamline procedures for obtaining uniform patent protection in its member countries. ”(Nolo Patent, Copyright & Trademark An Intellectual Property. Pg.104).  I also agree with the Audiovisual Works, which is, “The Copyright Act specifically protects movies, videotapes,, videodiscs, CD-ROM multimedia packages, training films, and computer games as audiovisual works”( Nolo Patent, Copyright & Trademark An Intellectual Property. Pg. 215) But in todays day and world its hard to publish or turn in a work that in some form or way has already been done or thought of. So when you do create something original its even harder nowadays to protect it. But on the other hand the laws that are meant to protect us can also hinder our use of other materials, such as copying music from the internet for a project or capturing a build in a photograph and needing permission to have it in the photo. So things such as, MP3, and in the book states, “ Internet sites that facilitate the copying, transfer, or sale of unauthorized MP3’s have been the subject of lawsuit from the recording industry.”(Nolo Patent, Copyright & Trademark An Intellectual Property. Pg. 281). So what this all means is that you need to protect your intellectual property, and it’s a dog eat dog world, and people will steal your work. So this class and the textbook helped to open my eyes a little more the precautions I should be taking in order to protect my photographs.

No comments:

Post a Comment