Wednesday, December 15, 2010

1. Legal Authority: How I made contact, found this person and why they are a good choice?


1. Legal Authority: How I made contact, found this person and why they are a good choice?

            When I was first given this assignment back on week 7, I thought to myself,” How hard could this be?” Well it turned out to be a huge hassle.  It took a lot of time to find a lawyer or attorney who was will to do a interview of the phone, and for free.  I started this task but going online to nolo.com where it listed lawyer who specialized in Intellectual Property.  I then went through and started calling all the number listed. Some answered, and some didn’t. For the ones that did answer they either wanted me to leave a message and someone would call back, or they wanted me to set up an appointment to come in and see an attorney. Which if I had set up an appointment I would have to pay, and there was no way I was going to pay. Especially with some of these fees they charge.  But after several hours of phone calls I was able to get a hold of a attorney. His name was Philip A. Kantor. When I called the number that was listed Mr. Kantor answer. It was a direct line to him. Which was really surprising because all the other numbers I had called I went through a secretary, or somebody other then a lawyer or attorney. But after I had Mr. Kantor on the phone I then proceeded to tell him I was a professional photographer looking into finding an Intellectual Property attorney, and asked him if he could answer some questions for me. Mr. Kantor agreed to over the phone answer my questions. I was worried that the questions I had for him wouldn’t make any sense but they did. So Mr. Philip Kantor is a good choice because he was very knowledgeable and answered all my questions that I had for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment