Thursday, December 16, 2010

2. The Questions: Explain why these are of interest to you. What specific concepts and terms were involved – in other words, what are the legal issues?


2. The Questions: Explain why these are of interest to you. What specific concepts and terms were involved – in other words, what are the legal issues?
           
            I am interested in these question because all of filming I do around this city of Las Vegas.  But usually my photography is for freelance work, location shoots, or in studio photoshoots.  And because of this class I now understand the importance of using and getting permission for other(s) work, and as well as protecting my work.  While talking to Mr. Philip Kantor I had asked him questions regarding intellectual property “ Intellectual property refers to products of the human intellect that have commercial value and that receive legal protection. Typically, intellectual property encompasses creative works, products, processes, imagery, inventions and services and is protected by patent, copyright, trademark, or trade secret law. ”(Nolo Patent, Copyright & Trademark. Pg. 4), and protecting my rights and work from being stolen, or used by anyone else without my permission.

1.What is the first step when we find someone else using my intellectual property without my permission?
   
2. What is the best way(s) to protect my intellectual property or creation?
     
3. What is the best way to protect my intersts while working under contract work?

4. What are common legal issues while doing freelance work?

5. Do all states deal with intellectual property the same and how do they differ?

6. What is a rough percentage of intellectual property cases that are found in favor of the original creator?

7. Does intellectual property stay the same online and in print?

8. When is it necessary to copyright my intellectual property?

9. At what point of change does someones else's intellectual property become your own?

10. What is a common timeframe for a intellectual property case to be settled or ruled upon?

No comments:

Post a Comment